19.11.08

Stars

Oh, hellacious feeling - where do I begin???? Idiots massed at the doorstep, foolery on the run. How can this be? Why is this day so full of mongoloids and mountebanks....Aye, screw them blue and paint me silly. On a moment like this, silliness spins the top – the top spins the globe; the globe bumps the planet, the planet tilts the world. The world rotates.
Will it rotate for everyone? Who will grease the wheels? Where is the man to check the machinery, keep the ghosts at bay? Gremlins wait in the darkness. They foul the wheels, and the bearings run dry. But run they do. Onward and upward, light after dark after light. Rolling through the darkness, spinning into light. Celestial samba - too much movement in the hips. I get dizzy quite easily…
And fear falling down. I am caught at the brink, nervous of tipping. My shoes have good traction – I am not afraid. My soles are in the firmament. Looking into the blackness, waves of calm break at my toes. Crouching down, I place my palm on the skin of the planet. I feel the world spin softly and slowly beneath my hand. Stars turn lazy circles overhead. I am struck by the beauty of it all.

No comments: